I am brazenly copying the title of the famous column written by Diana Vreeland, the stylish editor of Harper’s Bazaar for 25 years. In it she offered the most fanciful advice to her readers such as :
– Find one dress that you like and have it copied many times? You will be much more successful than if you try to produce the same effects each evening.
– Have an elk-hide trunk for the back of your car? Hermes of Paris will make this.
– Put all your dogs in bright yellow collars and leads like all the dogs in Paris?
– Order Schiaparelli’s cellophane belt with your name and telephone number on it?
– Tie black tulle bows on your wrists?
– Have your bed made in China—the most beautiful bed imaginable, the head board and spread of yellow satin embroidered in butterflies, alighting and flying, in every size and in exquisite colors?
– Rinse your blond child’s hair in dead champagne to keep it gold, as they do in France?
I shall not attempt in any way to be so lavish or exaggerated, but weekly I will post the stuff that has most captured my attention, whether to see, to buy, to make or do or even to smell. Hope you enjoy the first one!
This movie, On the Basis of Sex, is about Ruth Bader Ginsburg,an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. A remarkable story about a woman fighting for women’s rights and gender equality, and so ahead of her time. Watch the trailer below.
This gorgeous skirt, already Spring/Summer form MSGM at Stivali .Wear it now with black boots, a roll neck and a coat and you’ll wear it in summer with strappy sandals, a Tee and a sparkly pair of earrings.
The story of Nadia Murad, a Yazidi woman that endured the most horrific acts in her life, from her mother and brothers being killed by ISIS to being held in captivity as a sexual slave of the terrorist group. She is safe in Germany and was a nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize. I’m halfway through and it’s disturbing but I’m enjoying this intimate memoir.
Here in Lisbon it’s coldish, so why don’t you make this delicious zucchini soup?
TIP: I always add fresh coriander to my zucchini soup and blitz it up.
Have a great week,